The Yukon First Nations Culture and Tourism AssociationThe Yukon First Nations Culture and Tourism Association (YFNCT) is a non-profit organization that is committed to growing and promoting vibrant and sustainable arts/culture and tourism sectors.
YFNCT offers training, a booking/referral service, networking opportunities and co-operative marketing for First Nations artists, performers, cultural centres and tourism entrepreneurs in Yukon. YFNCT works closely with arts/culture, tourism and government organizations to maximize opportunities within the sectors.
YFNCT also presents the Adäka Cultural Festival – a world-class multi-disciplinary cultural festival held every summer at the Kwanlin Dun Cultural Centre in Whitehorse.
Vision"Arts and culture unify and strengthen Yukon First Nations communities creating pride, renowned artists, and inspiring experiences that attract visitors from around the world"
Mandate"To foster the development of vibrant and sustainable Yukon First Nations arts, culture and tourism sectors."
- Marketing and Communications - Increase understanding, awareness and demand for YFN arts, culture and tourism experiences within and beyond Yukon.
- Product Development - Support the development, enhancement and delivery/presentation of authentic YFN art, culture and tourism products and experiences.
- Entrepreneurial Development - Facilitate training, mentorship and educational opportunities that support the development of YFN artists, businesses and organizations.
- Networking and Partnerships - Build strong linkages between sector stakeholders to increase collaboration, leverage resources and create new opportunities.
- Advocacy - Be a unified voice to influence, promote and assist the development of YFN art, cultural and tourism sectors within Yukon.
Telephone: (867) 667-7698 Ext. 202
Aboriginal Tourism Development Officer
On maternity leave
Marketing and Membership Intern
Telephone: (867) 667-7698 Ext. 205
Telephone: (867) 667-7698
Traditional Watercraft Project Coordinator
Telephone: (867) 667-7698 ext. 201
Tourism Development Officer
Telephone: (867) 667-7698 Ext. 203
Visual Arts Coordinator
Telephone: (867) 667-7698 Ext. 204
Director of Arts
Telephone: (867) 667-7698 ext. 206
YFNCT Board of DirectorsShirlee Frost – Vuntut Gwitchin First Nation
Visual Artist / Master Beader, Founding Member Commissioner’s Potlatch and National Aboriginal Day in Whitehorse
Marilyn Jensen – Carcross Tagish/First Nation
Performing Artist / Leader - Dakhká Khwáan Dancers, Yukon College Instructor - First Nations Governance & Public Administration
Negotiations Analyst, Champagne and Aishihik First Nations
Doris McLean – Carcross/Tagish First Nation
Artist / Cultural Leader and member of Dakhká Khwáan Dancers
Boyd Benjamin – Vuntut Gwitchin First Nation
Artist / Fiddler / Pilot – Recipient of 2008 National Aboriginal Achievement Youth Award
Pauline Frost – Vuntut Gwitchin First Nation
Advisor / President Vuntut Gwitchin Partnership
Intergovernmental Coordinator-Vuntut Gwitchin Government/President-Vuntut Gwitchin Limited Partnerships
Lisa Dewhurst – Teslin Tlingit
Business & Marketing Manager
Teslin Tlingit Heritage Centre
Mark Rutledge – Ojibway
Traditional Pow Wow Dancer and Certified Graphic Designer