The Yukon First Nations Culture and Tourism Association seeks a dedicated, energetic, highly organized individual to serve as our Cultural Programs Coordinator. This position is ideal for someone looking to develop a career in the arts and cultural sector and be a part of dynamic organization and a vibrant and growing sector.
The Cultural Programs Coordinator assists with the planning and delivery of key programs and initiatives including the Adaka Cultural Festival arts training workshops, exhibitions and other events and conferences.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
The successful candidate:
• Values community building and sustainable development in the arts and tourism sectors;
• Can adapt to change, and handle challenges with ease;
• Can help organize key events including Adäka Cultural Festival and others;
• Is organized, strategic and efficient in their work, and
• Is motivated to be a part of an incredible arts, culture and tourism story.
• Serve as the point person | liaison for YFNCT artist members
• Assist with the planning and coordination of all aspects of the Adäka Cultural Festival
• Assisting with the planning and implementation of exhibitions, and other key events.
• Coordinate training/workshops to support youth, emerging and master artists and entrepreneurs
• Assist with artist outreach and engagement in key programs and activities
• Other related administrative duties in support of a successful team, program and organization.
The Programs Coordinator Intern
• Is knowledgeable about First Nations arts and culture
• Has experience in supporting community programming;
• Has strong community outreach and interpersonal skills;
• Has excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; and
• Is proficient in the use of current office productivity software i.e.: Microsoft Office suite of products.
Is knowledgeable about First Nations arts and culture
Has proven experience in supporting community programming Education or training in the fields of Event Management, Cultural Resource Management, Heritage, Education, Administration, or Anthropology studies, etc.
2+ years in program planning, administration or arts or heritage sector Understanding of the Yukon arts, culture and heritage sectors
YFN Knowledge of history and culture, and traditional territories
OTHER: *Preferential hiring practices will be honoured. ** All applications will be held for a period of 6 months from date of submission in the event that additional opportunities should arise.
Additional Application Instructions
Submit resume and cover letter by email or mail to: Charlene Alexander, Executive Director email@example.com 1-1109 Front Street, Whitehorse, YT Y1A 2N9 Deadline for Application: 4 PM Oct 1, 2018