The Yukon First Nations Culture and Tourism Association (YFNCT) is hosting the 3rd Advancing Indigenous Tourism Conference (AITC) on December 3rd and 4th. Join us for two days of inspirational presentations, discussions, and breakout sessions as we explore the growing opportunities in Indigenous tourism, address current barriers and challenges, and explore how to best advance Indigenous tourism in the Yukon.
Who Should Attend:
• Cultural Entrepreneurs and Tourism Operators
• Cultural & Interpretive Centre Staff
• Heritage & Economic Development Departments
• Community Economic Development Corporations
• Yukon Government Tourism & Culture, Arts and Economic Development Staff
• Indigenous Artists, Performers, and Knowledge Keepers
• Anyone interested in developing an Indigenous owned tourism business or sharing culture through tourism
• Homestay and Cultural Stay Programs
• Economics and Entrepreneurship
• Indigenous Culinary
• Breaking Barriers to Advance Indigenous Tourism Development
• And more
We are building a roster of accomplished industry and cultural leaders to share their stories with you. We plan to highlight northern, national, and international stories and experiences. Speakers will be announced leading up to the conference.
Travel & Accommodation:
YFNCT has funding to provide travel and accommodation for designated representatives from Yukon communities. Applications for sponsorship will be available shortly.
$100 Indigenous Elders (65+) and Youth (under 25)
Online registration will be available by October 7th
Gala Dinner – An Indigenous Culinary Experience:
Indigenous culinary is more than food, it’s an experience. This evening will celebrate and showcase local ingredients, featuring modern and traditional cuisine in a unique and interactive setting with some of Canada’s leading Indigenous Chefs.
• Date: Dec. 4th, Kwanlin Dün Cultural Centre, Longhouse
• Fees: $50 for registered conference delegates. Additional tickets can be purchased for $75.
Please contact Alexis if you have any questions.
Alexis Hougen, Marketing & Projects Coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.org or 867-667-7698 ext. 205